Thursday, November 29, 2012

Procrastination & Goals

As a quick follow-up to yesterday's post "Why Wait?", I just wanted to share a few of my own personal thoughts on procrastination and goals...

- Procrastination never got anyone to their goals.  Progress requires action!

- In my life, I've known a lot of people who were great at setting goals.  I, however, want to be known as someone who reaches her goals!

- People who say they are going to do something do not impress me.  People who have done what they set out to accomplish both motivate and inspire me.

- I do not want to get so stuck in thinking, dreaming, and planning, that I never start moving, reaching, and doing!

- Making a list of goals without taking action is nothing more than doodling!

Have a great day...and DO domething with it!

(Just a reminder/disclosure…I am not a medical professional or certified trainer, so anything I write in this blog is not intended to be taken as advice, guidance, or recommendations.  It is simply a journal of my own personal experiences.  Thanks!)

2 comments:

  1. Funny...right before I read your blog, I read this quote:

    "A goal without a plan is just a wish."
    Antoine de Saint-Exupery

    For me, however, making the goal is the first step. I have accomplished some things this year that I never thought I would ever even consider. Goals are good things...but as you say, accomplishing those goals is even more impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the quote you shared! I've had to learn to set goals, both larger, long-term, and smaller, short-term goals. They keep me motivated, and also provide a sense of accomplishment every time I reach one goal and start working towards the next one. Setting goals keeps me focused on the task at hand, and putting in the effort to reach them is the result of my commitment to those goals. Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete