Wow! When I look back over 2012, it was an incredibly full year! Some of the health and weight-related highlights for me included:
- Losing 92.1 pounds during the year
- Not having to take reflux medicine even once this year
- Regaining strength in my back and reclaiming my mobility
- Joining a gym
- Discovering that I actually enjoy working out
- Running a 5K distance in the local park in under 46 minutes
- Going down FIVE sizes in jeans (from a 32 to a 22)
- Going down from a size 30/32 to a size 18/20 in tops/dresses/jackets
- Teaching my “Reflections” Bible study series to a great group of women
In my blog from 11/1/12 titled “2012 Year End Goals” I listed 7 specific goals I made for myself to accomplish between 11/1/2 and 12/31/12. Here’s my list of hits and misses:
1) Lose 15 pounds (this will put me exactly 75 pounds away from my final goal weight!)
RESULT: I lost 19 pounds across November and December!!!
2) Work out 3 times a week, even on holiday weeks
RESULT: As I noted in a previous post, I am in rehearsals for a show called, “The Music Man”, which I am having a fabulous time with, however, it has thrown my gym schedule into a tizzy! I have not been in the gym nearly as often as I would have liked to have been, however, I’m getting in some cardio in dance rehearsals, and I’m getting ready to start the 30-Day Shred video workouts at home.
3) Increase the intensity of my workouts (higher weights, increased sets/reps, etc.)
RESULT: My trainer at the gym has reformatted my workout to help me accomplish this, and as soon as my show finishes, I’m going to head into my new routine. For now, the videos at home will at least provide a fresh approach and keep me moving.
4) Register for my first 5K run
RESULT: I had planned to register for the local zoo’s 5K, which is held in January, however, I’ve got a rehearsal I can’t miss on the day of the run, so I’m going to look for a 5K for March or April instead. I just need to find one now and get registered!
5) Increase my running speed/endurance (move from running intervals to extended periods of running)
RESULT: I have been making improvements in this area, but still have a long way to go! This will be an ongoing goal.
6) Go down one size in jeans
RESULT: Yes! I was in a size 24 on November 1st, and am currently in a size 22, and am not too far from moving down again to a size 20. The last time I wore a size 20 jeans, I was in the 7th grade!
7) Pay attention to and appreciate the people and interactions at holiday gatherings more than the food
RESULT: I had one of the best holiday seasons I can remember having! I truly enjoyed my time with family and friends and didn’t stress over food. I wasn’t fixated on the goodies, but I wasn’t scared to eat either. I kept things in balance far more than I indulged. I had more hugs than cookies, and that equals success!
How was your holiday season? Did you accomplish your goals? What are you working on for 2013?
(Just a reminder/disclosure…I am not a medical professional or certified trainer, so anything I write in this blog is not intended to be taken as advice, guidance, or recommendations. It is simply a journal of my own personal experiences. Thanks!)