Friday, December 21, 2012

18 Month Update

Hey there!  I'm almost a week late with my 18-month update post, since Sunday was my official check-in date, but I have been really sick with the respiratory junk that had been going around, and just haven't had it in me to sit down and write a post until today.  I started getting sick Sunday afternoon and went downhill from there with the fever, sore throat, chest and head congestion, coughing, weakness, and everything that comes along with it.  I was sicker than I can remember being in several years!  From Tuesday evening through Thursday morning, I didn't even leave my bed for over 34 hours (with the exception of a few trips to the bathroom).  I am finally starting to feel a little better today, so there's still hope for being better before Christmas!  Anyway, on to the update...

As of my 18-month weigh-in on December 16th, for the month I lost 11.4 pounds which took me to a grand total of down 151.20 pounds in 18 months! 

I had a goal of reaching 150 pounds lost by the 18-month point, so I was really excited to see that I had exceeded it!  I cheered when I saw the number on the scale, and then burst into tears.  My sweet husband hugged me and kept telling me over and over again how proud of me he was.  It was definitely a good morning!

Every time I look at the numbers and see where I'm at, compared to where I've come from, I can't help but praise God for the changes He has helped me make in my life.  No, I cannot say that it has always been easy, because change rarely is simple, but I can honestly say it has been easier than I ever imagined it would be, and difficult or not, it has always been good and well worth the effort!

"For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength"
Philippians 4:13, NLT


(Just a reminder/disclosure…I am not a medical professional or certified trainer, so anything I write in this blog is not intended to be taken as advice, guidance, or recommendations.  It is simply a journal of my own personal experiences.  Thanks!)


No comments:

Post a Comment